Hospice African Adventure Awareness Night
Join Russ for an evening at The Royal Hotel, Bideford as he relives his incredible journey from Barnstaple to South Africa fundraising for North Devon Hospice and raising awareness of hospices in South Africa.
Russ will take you on his journey with photos and stories. Guest Speaker, Esther Walker MBE will also be telling you about the Sudan Hospice she set up in Khartoum, visited by Russ and there will be a Skype link-up with the hospice itself on the night. There will also be a 'bingo raffle' and a donation of items to be sent to the Sudan Hospice.
Cost is just £5.00 per ticket and places are limited so please contact Russ early to avoid disappointment of what promises to be a fantastic evening. Ticket holders are also asked to select an item from the wish-list below, to bring on the night. Items can be new or pre-loved and they will be shipped to the Sudan Hospice at a later date to benefit the patient's there.
Wish List for Sudan Hospice in Khartoum: -
• Basic medical supplies; pain relief, bandages, plasters, anti-septic solutions
• House Keeping; bed covers, pillow cases, curtains
• Personal Clothing; any items that could be donated for patients to wear
• Stationary; Medical textbooks, pcs, printers, books, pens, pencils
• Training Aids; projector, old telephones
• Patient Well-being; any related items that may improve the patients stay, care in the home
• Bathroom/kitchen supplies; the Hospice wishes to convert its disused store room into a patient/staff bathroom and kitchen. With little funds the team want to renovate the room and need everything from taps, microwaves, kettles etc to kick start this project.
- Start: Friday 08 March 2013 19:00
- End: Friday 08 March 2013 23:00
- Description: here the stories from Russ himself
- Contact: Russ Johns
- Event Type: Community Event