This study day enables all Health Care Professionals to fulfil their duty of care, understand, recognise and know how to use the Code of Practice and Advance Care Planning documentation, as well as develop skills to open and maintain facilitative discussions.
To understand the relevance of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and improve confidence in holding those discussions.
- Understand the key rules and procedures of the Mental Capacity Act
- Review the case law on consent to treatment
- Consider how working practices will be effected by using the Mental Capacity Act
- Understand how the Act and Advance Care Planning are connected
- Be able to open and maintain conversations about ACP needs
- Understand the principles of colour coding system to identify end of life care
- Be familiar with Advance Care Planning and associated documentation
Dates for 2018:
- Thursday 5th July
Booking terms and conditions can be found below, please familiarise yourselves with these before reserving your place on this Study Day.