This course aims to facilitate and enhance the personal and professional development of nurses and allied health professionals across all care settings engaged in palliative care. Throughout the day we will explore evidence-based practice of the management of complex symptoms in advanced disease. Participants will acquire advanced holistic assessment skills relevant to palliative care.
- To be able to assess and manage symptoms for people with palliative needs
- To be able to perform a holistic assessment
- To be able to identify different types of pain
- To understand different pharmacological approaches to:
- Pain management
- Nausea and vomiting
- To know how and when to refer to specialist services
Dates for 2019:
- Thursday 25th April
- Thursday 24th October
Booking terms and conditions can be found below, please familiarise yourselves with these before reserving your place on this Study Day.