Keeping up-to-date is an essential part of our practice.
Keeping up-to-date is an essential part of our practice. At times of pressure and crisis it is sometimes hard to find the time to learn and seek out the right topics to focus on. We have pulled together a selection of resources to help keep your staff up to date and we will build on this section. If you would like to see specific topics covered please let us know.
Here are useful resources included in information from CQC - sets out essential staff training that still needs to continue despite the COVID 19 restrictions https://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/About/News/COVID-19-Essential-training.aspx
BVS are offering Care Home and Home Care specific Infection Prevention & Control courses for FREE on their new CareTutor eLearning platform https://www.bvs.co.uk/covid-19-free-resources
SCIE have a selection of training and information resources for health and social care staff. Some of these are free e-learning programmes as well as giving free access to the excellent SCIETV films on subjects such as dementia, end of life care, mental capacity and safeguarding to name just a few.
- SCIE e-learning: https://www.scie.org.uk/
- SCIE videos: https://www.scie.org.uk/atoz?f_az_series_name=Social+Care+TV+video&page=1
- SCIE webinar: https://www.scie.org.uk/care-providers/coronavirus-covid-19/virtual-courses/mca-training-webinar-series
https://focusgames.com/digital_games.html a range of FREE online educational games for staff to improve their knowledge. Quick to play and can be used on any device. Subjects include Pressure Ulcer prevention, Sepsis, Covid19, Dysphagia, Pain Management plus others.
End of life and Coronavirus e-learning modules:
To register FREE for all End of Life modules provided by e-Learning for Health (e-lfh) choose https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Registee
- e-Learning for Health (e-lfh) have, however, opened up their platform so healthcare professionals and volunteers can freely access Covid-19 information and courses without the need to register or login. https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/coronavirus/ There is a view and login button to access the courses click view. Accessing the courses in this way unfortunately gives no evidence of completion unless a screen shot is taken of the results page as proof
- This links directly to the COVID19 learning pathway https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/605650 and can be used if you have already registered with e-Learning for Health (e-lfh). This route will track and record your learning and provide a certificate of completion
- This is also a public access version of e-ELCA more suitable for administrative, clerical staff and volunteers and requires no formal registration. https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/end-of-life-care-for-all-public-access/ It can, however, be used by any staff but there is a limited choice of available modules.
Important Resuscitation guidance during Coronavirus pandemic: current COVID19 guidance regarding resuscitation must be followed - see Northern Devon Healthcare Trust Community Resuscitation algorithm below.
British Heart Foundation film – CPR and rescue breaths (normal procedure before Covid19 guidance)
British Heart Foundation film – management of choking (normal procedure before Covid19 guidance)