Our Mission is Simple
To provide outstanding care and support to the community of North Devon who are impacted by a life limiting illness.
Join our Bedded Unit Team and be part of something amazing! Would you like to develop your skills and knowledge in palliative an end-of-life care? We have an exciting opportunity for the introduction of the Nursing Associate role in our Bedded Unit Team.
Nursing Associate: £26,300 per annum (pro rata)(plus shift enhancements). Full and part time hours available to be worked flexibly on a rota basis, Monday to Sunday which will include a combination of the following shifts:
Early 7.30am – 3.30pm
Late 1.30pm – 9.30pm
Mid shift 10am – 6pm
Night shift 8pm – 8am
Working for us is awesome! Benefits include:
• An excellent working environment (& beautiful outside areas)
• Flexible & family friendly policies including Maternity, Adoption, Paternity, Shared Parental leave and Pawternity!
• Tech Scheme
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Personal pension scheme (continuation of NHS pension scheme)
• Generous holiday allowance increasing with service
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offering free confidential advice on a range of matters including financial, legal, health and wellbeing
• Health Cash Plan which can include up to 5 children and the option to include partners
• Regular Wellbeing events
• The opportunity to give us your feedback on how we can improve as an organisation
About the Role
Our nursing team are proud to support and care for patients and their families at their most difficult and vulnerable time. Our highly committed multi-disciplinary team of staff and volunteers, work seamlessly together to provide care of the highest standard.
Our bedded unit receives referrals for patients needing support for various reasons including symptom control, rehabilitation following treatment or care in the last days of life. Our nursing team are proud to support and care for our patients and their families at their most vulnerable time. Our specialist medical team provides round the clock care and support to our patients in the comfort of a welcoming and homely environment. Those wishing to apply for this role will require:
• Current NMC Registration as a Nursing Associate.
• Experience of working within healthcare as an associate nurse or trainee associate nurse.
• Evidence of continued professional development.
• Experience in end-of-life care, palliative care, or a related field is desirable.
• An understanding of palliative and end of life care nursing issues and patient pathway.
• Excellent assessment and care planning skills.
Like any organisation, it’s the people who make a difference so why not join us and make a difference to our patients and their families.
This post is subject to an Enhanced level check with the Disclosure and Barring Service, including checks against the adult and child barred lists.
We are there for all the family, do you want to be there too?
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. Informal discussion welcomed, please contact Hannah Crawley, Team Lead or Vicky McDonald, Deputy Team Lead on 01271 344248.
Closing date for completed applications is noon Monday 25th March 2024
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 02nd April 2024.
To apply for this position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to complete your application and we will be in touch shortly.
It is important that the people who work for and with us, or access any of our services, can be themselves and are valued as unique individuals. We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we serve, reflecting the uniqueness of each person, with the aim of continually improving our services.
We are a forces-friendly organisation and welcome applications from Veterans and Service spouses and partners.
If you require the information in large print format, please email email@example.com or call 01271 347238.
Location - Barnstaple