At a glance
Remember someone close to you this Christmas
Start: Sunday, December 2, 2018
End: Sunday, December 16, 2018
Taking place across North Devon during the festive period
For anyone who misses someone special at this time of year
All services are free to attend. You are invited to make a donation in memory of your loved one, either in person at the services or online or over the phone
Celebrate the memory of a loved one this Christmas and support the vital work of your local North Devon Hospice.
"Somewhere in the sky there is a star that radiates a haven of serenity, kindness, dignity, love, care, assurance and peace. On this earth there is a mirror image of that star, it is called ‘North Devon Hospice." Lin Bidwell, wife of a hospice patient
Christmas is a special and poignant time to remember loved ones who are no longer with us. Light Up A Life gives you the opportunity to remember someone special this Christmas. They do not have to have been cared for by the hospice for you to make a dedication.
In return for your donation:
- We will include your loved ones' names in our special Light Up A Life Book of remembrance
- Hang a star on our Light Up A Life Christmas tree
- Send you a special dedication card with your loved ones name on it
Please support our hospice nurses, doctors, therapists and counsellors who will continue to care for local patients and families in North Devon over the Christmas period. Make a difference to someone's life, someone local, this Christmas. Perhaps even a family member, a friend, a neighbour or a colleague.
There are also 18 Light Up a Life services taking place in venues across North Devon in the lead-up to Christmas. These are free and open to all to come along.
How to get involved:
You can donate online here. Please include the names of those you are remembering in the box marked 'Your Message'.
An invitation by post
If you prefer, we can send you a Light Up A Life leaflet, so you can post back to us with your loved ones names and your donation in their memory. If you prefer this way, please contact Gerard in the fundraising team on 01271 347232.
You can download the Light Up a Life invitation leaflet here. You can then print this out, fill in the form, and return to us in the post.
You can let us know the name of your loved ones and make a donation over the phone by calling our fundraising team on 01271 347232.
Attend our Light Up a Life services
You are also warmly welcome to attend one or more of our Light Up A Life services, a special time when we can come together to light a candle and honour the memory of our loved ones. These services take place in locations throughout North Devon, so there will be one near you. You do not need to have been supported by the hospice to attend, everyone is welcome. Please see the full list below:
- Sunday 2nd, 6.30pm. Ilfracombe, St Philip & St James Church
- Sunday 2nd, 10.30am. Appledore, St Mary's Church
- Monday 3rd, 6.30pm. Chulmleigh, St Mary Magdelene
- Wednesday 5th, 6.30pm. Marwood, Methodist Church
- Thursday 6th, 6.00pm. Woolacombe, St Sabinus
- Friday 7th, 7.00pm. Barnstaple, Grosvenor Church
- Saturday 8th, 7.00pm. Holsworthy, Methodist Church
- Sunday 9th, 6.30pm. Fremington, Methodist Church
- Sunday 9th, 6.30pm. Combe Martin, Methodist Church
- Monday 10th, 7.00pm. Braunton, Christ Church
- Wednesday 12th, 7.00pm. South Molton, Methodist Church
- Wednesday 12th, 7.00pm. Woolsery, All Hallow's Church
- Thursday 13th, 7.00pm. East-The-Water, The Bethel Church
- Saturday 15th, 6.00pm. Bideford, Pannier Market
- Sunday 16th, 7.00pm. Torrington, Methodist Church
Every year, we welcome people to join us on Instow beach to remember someone they have lost.