At a glance
Remember someone you love this Christmas
Start: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
End: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Taking place across North Devon during the festive period
For anyone who misses someone special at this time of year
All services are free to attend. You are invited to make a donation in memory of your loved one, either in person at the services or online or over the phone
You are invited to celebrate the memory of your loved one this December, and support local people for whom this may be their last Christmas.
"This year I lost my best friend, my Grandad Jack. He received so much love and care from so many at North Devon Hospice. We know that they will always be there for us, and that's an incredible feeling. Please join us and Light Up a Life for someone you love this Christmas. By doing so it will mean that other local people can also be supported with love and compassion at the end of their life." Katie, from Bideford
Christmas is a special and poignant time to remember loved ones who are no longer with us. Light Up A Life gives you the opportunity to remember someone special this Christmas. They do not have to have been cared for by the hospice for you to make a dedication in their honour.
In return for your donation you will get:
- Your loved ones' names included in the special Light Up A Life Book of remembrance
- A star with their name hung on the Light Up A Life Christmas tree at North Devon Hospice
- A special dedication card sent to you in the post with your loved ones name on it, to display on your mantle piece or Christmas tree
Your donation will also make a difference to local people who may be facing their last Christmas. However, thanks to your support, they can enjoy Christmas with the warmth and comfort that hospice care offers, knowing their own loved ones will be supported in the future too. Please help to support those in you community, maybe your neighbour, colleague, friend or family member.
You are also invited to the special Light Up a Life services taking place across the community in the lead-up to Christmas. You can come together with others who are missing someone special during the festive period, to light a candle in memory of your loved ones, and take strength from the unity of togetherness. Services are free and open to all to come along.
How to get involved:
You can donate online here. Please include the names of those you are remembering in the box marked 'Your Message'.
An invitation by post
If you prefer, we can send you a Light Up A Life leaflet, so you can post back to us with your loved ones' names and your donation in their memory. If you prefer this way, please contact Gerard in the fundraising team on 01271 347232.
You can download the Light Up a Life invitation leaflet here. You can then print this out, fill in the form, and return to us in the post.
You can let us know the name of your loved ones and make a donation over the phone by calling our fundraising team on 01271 347232.
Attend our Light Up a Life services
You are also warmly invited to attend one or more Light Up A Life services, a special time when we can come together to light a candle and honour the memory of our loved ones. These services take place in locations throughout North Devon, so there will be one near you. You do not need to have been supported by the hospice to attend, everyone is welcome. Please see the full list below:
- Monday 2nd, 6.30pm. Chulmleigh, St Mary Magdalene Church
- Wednesday 4th, 6.30pm. Marwood Methodist Church
- Thursday 5th, 7.30pm. East The Water, The Bethel
- Friday 6th, 7.00pm. Barnstaple, Grosvenor Church
- Sunday 8th, 6.30pm. Ilfracombe, Pip and Jim's Church
- Sunday 8th, 6.30pm. Fremington Methodist Church
- Monday 9th, 7.00pm. Braunton, Christ Church
- Wednesday 11th, 7.00pm. Woolsery, All Hallows Church
- Wednesday 11th, 7.00pm. South Molton Methodist Church
- Saturday 14th, 6.00pm. Bideford Pannier Market
- Sunday 15th, 6.30pm. Combe Martin Methodist Church
- Sunday 15th, 6.30pm. Torrington Methodist Church
Every year, we welcome people to join us on Instow beach to remember someone they have lost.